Sunday, September 9, 2007

Books about Dogs?!

Remember this?
"...I also read "wilderness/adventure" books written by a man whose name I cannot remember. It starts with a K and is likely German or Scandinavian...I think the second letter in his name is a j..."

Thanks, Bibliodiva for supplying the missing letters: Kjelgaard. As in James Arthur (Jim) Kjelgaard.

Ring any bells?

How about books like Big Red, Irish Red: Son of Big Red, Kalak of the Ice?

What's frightening is that when I read the list of his books, I don't actually remember a single one. Did I really read a bunch of adventure books (most of which were about dogs)?!

Not only didn't I have a dog, as a kid I wasn't really an "animal lover" or especially inclined toward dogs. Besides Curly, the neighborhood stray my uncle fed, I'm not even sure I knew any dogs.

No wonder my mother thought I was odd...

1 comment:

BiblioDiva said...

I think I read some of his books, too.

And I do think it's hilarious that you busted my chops about not finding his name quickly enough, then you don't even remember reading most of the books.