Saturday, June 2, 2007

Six Degrees To JK Rowling

Read this, then come back.

Now that you're back-
Grayson and I went to high school together in North Carolina and now she lives in the Netherlands. Her daughter, Meghan, is a teenager and has brain cancer. She cannot do chemo and has been told that she has only weeks to live. And note that Grayson indicates that Meghan will likely be unable to read the book herself on July 21. She already has double vision nearly all the time now, and well, July 21st is nearly 2 months away.

So, how can we make this happen for Meghan?

And yes, I'm serious.

I'm working on my college contacts. Surely librarians Bibliodiva and Lisa K can help with research? Is there a way to reach Ms. Rollins?

Any ideas?

And again, I couldn't be more serious.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

The only thing I can do is tell you that her agent is:

Christopher Little Literary Agency, Eel Brook Studios, 125 Moore Park Rd., London SW6 4PS, England.

sheree said...

Thanks, Lisa. I'm kinda hoping that we could connect with her actual agent, or perhaps find someone who knows her personally...

Ideas, anyone?

BiblioDiva said...

I don't have any suggestions other than what Lisa said. However, I am posting this to my blog, and I'm going to send an email to my friends with a link back to "Six Degrees to JK Rowling."

Please keep me posted on your blog.

Grayson said...

Thanks so much to all of you for working on this with me. Friends (and friends of friends) are a wonderful thing!

Anonymous said...

How about a letter writing campaign to her agent (or the agency since that has already been provided)? If we all write a letter (or 2) and get people we know to write a letter perhaps we can get Meghan what she wants.