Monday, January 7, 2008

To Cable or Not to Cable

So I've finally signed up for cablevision. I'm still waiting to arrange for installation. I called twice today, but was on hold so long I gave up both times. I'll call back, but here's my dilemma:

The new TV gets HDTV and low and behold, many of my local stations have "extra" HD channels. For example, my local ABC affiliate has its regular programming station** as well as "Retro TV," the Retro Television Network. Guess who watched "John Boy" from The Waltons on an episode of Marcus Welby, MD. Guess who also saw an episode of The Rockford Files.

So the question begs, will I still get Retro TV once I have cable? And what about the cool "extra" PBS stations I get, including CreateTV and PBS World?



**My local ABC station, WTEN, is channel 10. The HD programming is on 10.1 and RetroTV is 10.3. Interesting enough, 10.2 is local weather, 24/7.

3 comments:

BiblioDiva said...

You watched The Rockford Files and Marcus Welby, MD? What...Quincy wasn't on?

sheree said...

Quincy?! I used to love that show. I even thought I wanted to be a medical examiner for a while.

And your sarcasm wasn't lost on me, Missy.

BiblioDiva said...

I loved Quincy. It was a good show.