Tuesday, March 11, 2008

democrats running for President

My first choice for President withdrew from the race.

I voted on Super Tuesday and feel good about who I chose, but I am watching the race closely as we decide who will be the Democratic nominee.

I did not start out this process being antiClinton. After all, she is one of my senators. However, I am disturbed by much of the antiObama rhetoric I hear. For example, as a Christian, I am disturbed and offended by the notion that Obama's Christianity necessarily means he is homophobic and anti-choice. He's not, incidentally. Here's some proof. And here's even more proof.

In general, I'm pretty annoyed with Mrs. Clinton and her "I have more experience than he does because I was First Lady" campaign. Does anyone else remember her insistence of the use of her birth name, Rodham, to make it clear that she was not "just" a wife and mother. And what of her contempt for Barbara Bush's decision to be a political spouse and parent?

So now that it suits her, she'll use that her husband was President? How is HIS presidency HER experience?

No comments: