Sunday, February 24, 2008

Boo Hiss

I'm annoyed. I mean, really annoyed.

Last Saturday morning the gf and I were on separate websites to get tickets for The Last Play at Shea, scheduled for July 16th (a Wednesday). Not exactly the easiest time for me to go downstate to Shea Stadium, you know? BUT, we were excited about the show and happy to have gotten tickets.

Then, I found out that another show was added . The added show is on Friday, July 18th so now we have tickets for the Next to the Last Play at Shea.

So guess what did we did this past Saturday morning? Yep, try for tickets to the Friday show. And not only couldn't we score tickets, we couldn't even get to the site or an operator.

So, we'll go to the Wednesday night show, but just for the record, I think it stinks that they added a show on a better day (and later) than the original show.
Couldn't the original show have been on Friday night, then the added show on Wednesday?

Surely Shea Stadium and Billy Joel knew they were going to add a show. How could the first show NOT sell out? He always sells out in NYC, and for Pete's Sake, it's the LAST SHOW before Shea is shut down.

No comments: