Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Odds and Ends

I just got home. I left work early since my schedule bombed out. "All is not lost," I thought. "I can go vote." Imagine my surprise when I wasn't listed in the official books, and I had to vote by affidavit, on paper. The poll volunteers were very nice and quite helpful, but still, I wanted to use the machine! I got to use it in 2006. I even have my little post card from the Voting Commissioners verifying my registration.

===== ===== =====

I spent this past weekend in Boston at the Yankee Dental Congress, one of the largest dental conventions in the US. And lest you think I was there with only 30 or 40 other folks, here's an article BiblioDiva sent me about it.

Can you imagine? 28,000 dentists all in one place?

It was a blast!

===== ===== =====

1 comment:

BiblioDiva said...

The two major library conferences draw over 35,000 librarians each. The general public doesn't realize how many librarians and dentists are out there.

They should be nice to both of our professions.