Monday, February 25, 2008

I was in Queens this weekend. The gf and I got up early yesterday and went into Manhattan to her favorite store, Macy's at Herald Square (That's the one on 34th street). We had a blast, and even got me a purse I've been looking at for 6 months- on sale, no less.

And she wasn't even frustrated while shopping with me, the kid who isn't a huge fan.

So, it was a good trip.

Until we got back to Queens and saw that someone had hit Marianne (my car). HARD. The passenger side front panel is dented in so far I was concerned that the wheel well was damaged. It drives ok and I made it back Upstate with no problems, but now I have to get my car fixed.

And NO, the person who hit my car did not leave a note.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You lead such a jet-setting life. This weekend, we went to the Sears at Regency Square.

Sorry to hear about the car.

sheree said...

Regency Square? Not even one of the fancy outdoor malls- I can't remember the name of either of them, only that one's in Short Pump (and has a Nordstrom!) and the other is on the South Side. Of course, the gf is a HUGE shopper and Macy's Herald Square is her favorite store- with something like 10 floors, including floor oneandahalf.

I'm waiting to hear from my insurance agent about fixing poor Marianne.

Lisa said...

You know what, now that I have had my coffee, it seems to me we actually went to Chesterfield Mall -- the "new mall" of our south side youth. I generally go to Regency (for Macy's) or Stony Point (south of the River, in the city limits) for a Dillard with a great petite department.

sheree said...

I don't think I've ever been to the Chesterfield Mall. When I lived in the West End I went to Regency, but mostly, I'm not much of a mall grrl.

Besides you, Cass, World of Mirth and the Byrd, what I miss most about Richmond is Westbury Pharmacy. Weird, huh?

Oh, and Family Thrift on Midlothian.