Friday, June 6, 2008

Hat Gone Wrong

This is for Cass, who isn't surprised that I lost my first hat. I even stuck to the pattern and it was lovely hat. The only problem was that it was too long in the front. Below are photos of my second attempt. And now I know that increasing (or decreasing) too quickly makes for a notsoattractive look.

Here's how I "designed" it, increasing at the crown to make it more fitted and decreasing in the front to prevent it from hanging in my face.


Note the resemblence to a helmet.




Now, notice how if I wear it backwards, it looks so much better. But now it oddly resembles a bonnet. Not the most attractive look, but it's amusing and it keeps my head warm.





Oh, and notice the lovely crocheted straps. I was afraid my ears would get cold if I couldn't cinch the hat closed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You lost it? We need to find a way to tie your hats to your coat like they do with little kids' mittens!!

sheree said...

I TOLD you I lost the first hat. That's what motivated the quick arrival of the second hat. I lost the first one in Queens. I had it in when we went into BJs, but when I left, it was gone. I went back into the store, but no one had turned it in. I even went back to the bathroom, which is where I'm pretty sure I left it.

I put the ties on the new hat so I it could hang around my neck like a hood when I wasn't wearing it!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I remember now! :)