Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Road Well Travelled

En route to Queens Saturday afternoon, I got run off the road on the Hutchinson Parkway. Off the shoulder. Into a ditch. Lucky for me, the young men in the car behind me stopped and pushed my car out of the ditch. Both Marianne-the-car and I are fine, if a bit shaken up.

En route from Queens yesterday, I got caught in a lovely hour long thunderstorm on the Taconic Parkway, a beautifully scenic highway with no shoulder and a tendency to "hold water" where the shoulder should be.

Talk about bad carma...

======

Of course, our NY Liberty won Saturday night, defeating Candice Wiggins and the Minnesota Lynx and (almost) making being tossed in a ditch worth the effort. The gf has season tickets and I tag along as often as I'm in town. It's a great time.

1 comment:

BiblioDiva said...

I'm glad that you're fine.

I'm unhappy that those people didn't stop after running you into a ditch! Boo on them!