Friday, March 30, 2007

New Beginnings

I have a new job! Yippee! Yahoo! I'm so excited. Can't you just picture me doing the happy dance? I start on April 9th. Can you believe it?! I'm going to be a little fish in a medium-sized farm. All the other fish seem nice and found me "delightful" when I interviewed with them.

So now I'm trying to wade through stuff like getting state prescription pads, DEA numbers, etc. The nice thing about having always worked in schools or federal facilities is that one simply used internal numbers because the institution took care of the details. But now I have to do what folks in the real world do. What I really wanna know is why it just cost me $1100 to get permission from the US government to write prescriptions for narcotics. Admittedly, it's for 2 different offices (cuz you have to have a number for each office in New York State) and my employer is reimbursing me, but $1100? Are they kidding?




And speaking of new beginnings, remember when I mentioned that Extreme Makeover Home Edition was in town? Well, the "big reveal" was yesterday afternoon. Alas, I didn't go; I actually forgot all about it. But, the house looks pretty cool.

What I like most is watching everyone scream "Move that bus!" and then seeing the family's reaction. Their whole story is here, by the way.

Congratulations, Oatman Family!

3 comments:

Kishu said...

Really a nice visualisation.
I appreciate that.

Unknown said...

that's crazy! it's like a whole different house!

BiblioDiva said...

Hey...congrats on the new job.