Thursday, March 29, 2007

Recap

Well, it looks like my days of watching Maury Povich are coming to an end...

In the last 24 hours, I have gotten 2 different job offers and
been drug tested.

Have you ever been drug tested? I thought I had before today. Surely I did when I worked for the US government, right? Well, I certainly don't remember it being anything like it was today...

After completing paperwork for 5 minutes, the kind nurse tells me to wash my hands. We are still in the exam room, mind you. Then she walks me around the corner to the WC, where there is a toilet, some TP and a shelf. She hands me the biggest specimen bottle I have ever seen, tells me to urinate into it and to put it on the shelf. I am allowed to use the TP, but not to flush (there is pretty blue dye in the toilet water) and once I have finished, I should knock on the door cause she'll be right outside waiting for me.

Huh? I'm inside the WC and I have to knock on the door? Okey dokey.

So here's what happened: when she left she didn't close the door all the way. I do as I'm told with the giant specimen bottle, shelf, TP, etc. When I knock on the door she appears almost instantly, grabbing the big bottle to check its temperature. She then pours some of the contents into a smaller bottle which she seals with 2 different kinds of tape. Then she even let me wash my hands.

Ok, is it just me, or does that seem a little over the top? I mean, I did have the privacy of the door being almost closed. The gf tells me that in the NFL, drug testing is done in full view of the sample takers, who stand there and watch.

Geez, that sounds like a fun job...


Oh, and just for the record, I was drug tested for one of the job offers...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You know what? I took a drug test for a part-time job with the city library years and years ago, but not for my full time job here in the posh suburbs.

BiblioDiva said...

Did you pass....