Monday, March 19, 2007

Why Blog (a Public Thank You)

The simple answer:
'cuz I wanna.

The real answer:
Because my mom died. Suddenly and unexpectedly. And my heart is completely and utterly broken.
(read: It's an outlet- paper journaling has been big in my life, but it's not working right now. So maybe this will.)

Because I know that I am loved and well cared for. By amazing people- lots of 'em. And I need to remind myself of that.

Because those folks need to know that even in the midst of my (on-going) grief, I recognize and am grateful, even when I don't say so.

Because 6 weeks after traveling to help me celebrate turning 40, my friends traveled to help me bury my mom. Hundreds of miles. For one: thousands of miles the first time, then sent her mom since she couldn't travel all the way across the country again so soon.

Now that's love.

And this is what love looks like:


No comments: