Tuesday, April 10, 2007

First Day, No Jitters

Today was fabulous. Ok, it was fine. The people were friendly and helpful, and they even let me have the day to "settle in." I did some hygiene exams, including a very cheerful 5 year old. Tomorrow will be a heavier load, if only because at least emergency patient is on my schedule. It'll take time to "build my practice," but I am both excited and hopeful.

Oh, and I ordered scrubs, some supplies, and a filing cabinet. My desk doesn't have any drawers and I wanted some. Some now I'm gonna have a lovely little faux woodgrain cabinet (2 drawers & 1 filing box) to match my faux woodgrain desk. All that, AND I got to start work an hour late. Wish me luck tomorrow, when I have to be there at my "regular" start time of 7am. And no, that's not a typo.

2 comments:

BiblioDiva said...

I'm glad to hear that the first day went well. Your normal start time is 7:00 am? I well kvetch a great deal less about my 7:45 am start time.

Anonymous said...

Whew! 7am. I still touching the snooze!! Glad things are going smoothly (thus far).